SoftFit™ Solver is the industry leader in fitting technology. Manufacturing and quality engineers rely on SoftFit™ Solver’s “what-if” toolset to maximize their performance on many critical tasks that include:
- Developing best-fix scenarios for non-conforming parts. SoftFit™ Solver simulations show the impact of dimensional corrections on the problem areas and how those changes will impact all other features of the part.
- Producing robust tooling. Better parts, with less tooling iterations. Extend tool life.
- Evaluating the most complex GD&T. Eliminate the risk of accepting bad parts or rejecting good parts.
- Using functional acceptance criteria to evaluate the viability of non-conforming parts.
- Translating complex fit results into easy-to-interpret corrective action
The basis of the wide array of “solving” functionality of SoftFit™ Solver is its ability to fit simultaneously on selected features and/or functional groups of features on a single part or across multiple parts. The WSIWYG approach of the browser interface drives the “what-if” capability. Displaying results in real time means that you are able to evaluate many possible solution scenarios in minutes.
Besides its multiple application-specific algorithms, SoftFit™ Solver provides robust controls that enable you to:
- Constrain degrees of freedom for rotation and translation
- Apply Isotropic or Differential scaling
- Apply material offset
- Import functional groups, feature and tolerance name and type already defined in CAD, and add additional user-defined criteria.
- Fit parts individually and by average
- Apply tolerance and feature weighting
- Automatically script repetitive tasks.
That’s why SoftFit™ Solver is your best choice when you need to determine the root cause of your dimensional problems, the corrective action required, or improve your manufacturing process.